Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 15, 2010

The Burden for Holiness

I have a burden. Do we get burdens anymore? It seems like we jump from church to church looking for places that will give us an emotional high without any burden. I wonder if that's possibly something that hinders the holines of the church. Can we be holy people when we really have no burden to know God, or to understand Him? Why do we have this aversion to feeling like we have to know our creator more? The more I think about it, the more I believe that a little bit of burden and discomfort might help to push our spiritual lives in the right direction.

That's what has started this blog. God has given me a burden to teach what He has inspired through His Word. The command to "be holy for I am holy" is pretty plain. I realize that holiness offends people and makes them uncomfortable, but the Bible teaches it. I think that the time has come for God's people to come together with scriptural holiness, or the command to "go and sin no more," as the motive. I know that some don't think there's any way it can happen in this life, but if that's the case why did Jesus command it? That's what it all comes down to. When will the body follow the commands of the head, Jesus Christ?

1 comment:

  1. Amen! There can be no compromise! Live His Word!

    ReplyDelete